1. Lake Worth – A Great Beach With a Kennedy Connection
- A 15-minute drive from Casa Grandview
- There's no shortage of fun activities at Lake Worth! Stroll down the Municipal Pier for sightseeing and fishing, rent a cabana for the day, and enjoy an ice cream cone from Kilwin's. Lake Worth is also one of the best places to kayak in West Palm Beach. Check out Kayak Lake Worth for eco tours, pedalboard rentals, and kayak rentals in Lake Worth's lagoon.
2. Peanut Island – A Snorkeler's Paradise
- A 19-minute drive from Casa Grandview
- This man-made island was constructed in 1918 and is the site of President John F. Kennedy's underground Cold War bunker. Though the bunker is being restored and isn't currently open to the public, there's still plenty to do. Peanut Island is now an 80-acre country park with campgrounds, walking paths, and guarded swimming and snorkeling. Boaters love to dock in the island's shallow waters and spend a day relaxing on the sand. A day spent splashing around the island is one of the best family activities in West Palm Beach!
3. Ocean Reef Park – It Has It All
- A 22-minute drive from Casa Grandview
- Ocean Reef Park is the ideal day-trip for snorkeling and freediving. The beach's reef can be seen even at high tide, making it an excellent snorkeling experience for beginners and those wanting to stay close to the shore. There are also saltwater fishing areas and a boardwalk traversing the dune ecosystems.
4. Juno Beach – The Perfect Spot to Watch a Sunrise
- A 25-minute drive from Casa Grandview
- Juno Beach's dog-friendly shore stretches out for miles. If your dog loves beach vacations as much as you do, Casa Grandview's has many pet-friendly accommodations to choose from! This laid-back beach has separate areas for swimming, fishing, and surfing as well as a 990-foot pier for visitors to explore. From May through October, Juno Beach is home to the densest sea turtle nesting ground in the world. Enjoy a beautiful sunrise and try out some Get Wet Watersports rentals during your day at Juno Beach!
5. John D. MacArthur Beach State Park – A Secluded Oasis
- A 29-minute drive from Casa Grandview
- If you're looking to escape the commercialism of the surrounding area, this is the beach getaway for you. John D. MacArthur State Park is an oasis, with two miles of impeccable beach perfect for swimming, surfing, and picnicking. Check out the hiking trails to observe the protected plant and animal habitats first-hand.
6. Oceanfront Park – Private and Accessible
- A 30-minute drive from Casa Grandview
- Would you like to put your feet up in a beach cabana for a day? Then Oceanfront Park is the place for you! Walk to the shore from downtown Boynton Beach, check out the chair and cabana rentals, and grab a bite to eat at the Sand Dollar Grill. The beach is also very accessible and offers free beach wheelchairs and ample handicap parking.
7. Delray Beach – A Sophisticated Seaside City
- A 31-minute drive from Casa Grandview
- Delray Beach is a vibrant city filled with shops, restaurants, mini golf, and, of course, beaches. For those seeking a little piece of paradise, head to Gulfstream Park. Adventurers love the underwater rock reefs, which are perfect for snorkeling and discovering marine life. The park has a lifeguard, on-site showers, barbecue grills, and picnic tables available for use.