7:03 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2017 Dining
This was the year of “who knew?” I had excellent meals at chain restaurants. I jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon. I had good mac-and-cheese at the opening of a WAWA gas station.
So before we enter the “who knows?” territory of a new year, let’s take a look at the year’s best in dining. The list that follows is subjective – these are the best in my opinion. I could not dine at every new restaurant or visit some of the buzzy ones I wanted to. This list is based on experiences I did have.
Cheers to 2017!
- Sant Ambroeus- Palm Beach
BEST NEW RESTAURANT
- Costa- Worth Ave. Palm Beach
- Jeremy Bearman Oceano Kitchen, Lantana
BEST RISING STAR CHEF
- Matthew Byrne Kitchen, West Palm Beach
- Palm Beach Grill- Palm Beach
- The Parched Pig- Palm Beach Gardens
- RH Rooftop Restaurant- West Palm Beach
BEST WEEKEND BRUNCH
- Avocado Grill- West Palm Beach
BEST CASUAL LUNCH
- Pig-Sty BBQ- Boynton Beach
BEST POWER LUNCH
- Pistache- West Palm Beach
- La Masseria’s Italian Cheesecake- Palm Beach Gardens
- The Hurricane special at Grato, on the eve of Hurricane Irma- West Palm Beach
Palm Beach County Restaurants with a View
Palm Beach Post Nov 29, 2017
There’s just something about Palm Beach County…. The palm trees perfectly lining the streets, the pops of pink and yellow in the trees, the ocean waves acting as the perfect soundtrack to date night or family night conversation.
Whether you’ve got family and friends coming into town this holiday season, or you just need a little daycay’ing me-time, this list of restaurants with the most beautiful views has you covered. From lakeside and oceanfront to garden patio and rooftop, when you need the perfect view to complement a tasty brunch, lunch, dinner, happy hour or nightcap, the choices are quite endless in The Palm Beaches.
- Square Grooper - Jupiter
- Bricktops - PBGardens
- 3800 Ocean - Singer Island
- RH Rooftop Restaurant -WPB
- Hullabaloo-Clematis WPB
- The Seafood Bar At The Breakers Palm Beach
- Renato’s- Palm Beach
- Bennys on the Beach - Lake Worth
- Dune Deck Cafe - Lantana
- Breeze Kitchen at the Eau Resort- Manalapan
- Latitudes at Delray Sands Resort - Delray Beach
- Dada- Delray Beach
- Sundy House- Delray Beach
- Che Restaurant- Delray Beach
2017 New Palm Beach County Restaurants
Laura Lordi Liz Balmaseda Palm Beach Post Staff Writers
12:17 p.m Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2017 Dining
The new restaurants in Palm Beach County offer many different dining styles, fantastic foods and delicious drinks.
Wow! From tacos to fancy Italian, 2017 has offered up many new exciting restaurants. It’s time to get out and explore the more than 50 eateries that have opened throughout Palm Beach County this year.
Here are some of the highlights from north to south. (Check the bottom of the story to see the full list of restaurants that have opened this year.)
- Olive U Mediterranean Grill
- Cooper’s Hawk
- RH Rooftop Cafe
Perched on top of the new, four-story Restoration Hardware in downtown West Palm, RH Rooftop Restaurant offers garden settings with a view of the city.
The menu is simple with boards to share such as the Délice de Bourgogne Cheese board ($18), a generous wedge of the classic triple crème, cow’s milk cheese from Burgundy served alongside glazed pecans, a warm, crusty baguette and strawberry preserves. There’s also salads, sandwiches and breakfast selections.
RH Rooftop Restaurant: 560 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach; 561-804-6826.
- Hurricane BTW
- Kapow Noodle Bar
- 123 Datura
- The Butcher Shop
- Lynora’s Market
- Oceana Kitchen
- Sardinia Enoteca Ristorante
- Louie Bossi
New restaurants of 2017 in Palm Beach County
Click here for the full list of more than 50 new restaurants in the county
These Florida restaurants made OpenTable’s list of ‘Best Scenic in America’
Laura Lordi Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
2:04 p.m Friday, Aug. 18, 2017 Things To Do
We all know our Sunshine State is full of restaurants with spectacular views. And OpenTable agrees. The online site just released their “100 Most Scenic Restaurants in American for 2017.” The list is based on millions of reviews by OpenTable diners and features spots with breath-taking views of nature, cityscapes and landmarks.
To no surprise, five Florida restaurants made the list. The closest one to West Palm is about a three-hour drive. Time for a roadtrip!
- Ophelia’s on the Bay, Sarasota
- Latitudes, Key West
- Chart House Restaurant, Melbourne
- Bon Appetit, Dunedin Tampa
- Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro and Lounge, St. Pete Beach
Our local offerings
Guanabanas offers a relaxing tropical atmosphere for dining, live music and array of water activities. (Meghan Faiella/The Palm Beach Post) Read More